Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running their stuff or have opinions? Thinking about using their 4 link and coilover kit for my fastback build.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
No opinion on their "new" stuff really. Haven't seen it in person. They used to have a
nearly exact copy of Global's gen 1 negative roll upper control arm back when they called
themselves Blue Moon/Control Freak.
Looks like their new CO upper arm is "borrowing" some design elements from Shaun's
stuff over at SoT.....

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I think Dan Babb is using Control Freak.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Looks like their new CO upper arm is "borrowing" some design elements from Shaun's
stuff over at SoT.....
If anything it’s closer to TCPs one that’s been around for nearly 20 years now. SoTs has a rear tube that crosses over between the two tubes that neither of them have; I imagine it lends some incremental degree of rigidity.

The control freak one also doesn’t seem to offer any increased motion ratio, which to me if I’m dropping that kind of money I would expect to see. Mike Maier does a nice upper control arm coil over that does have a better ratio and uses a high-end JRI shock. SoT and TCP make coil over set ups that have much better motion ratios by mounting the coil over further outboard on the lower control arm.

PS- i’m amazed there are so many offerings for these tubular aftermarket suspension’s for a 55-year-old platform. We are very fortunate in that regard. But it’s a pretty crowded field at this point and I’m just surprised guys are still getting into it, thinking that either they have a better mouse trap or they can expand the market enough to recoup a reasonable return on investment.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If anything it’s closer to TCPs one that’s been around for nearly 20 years now. SoTs has a rear tube that crosses over between the two tubes that neither of them have; I imagine it lends some incremental degree of rigidity.

The control freak one also doesn’t seem to offer any increased motion ratio, which to me if I’m dropping that kind of money I would expect to see. Mike Maier does a nice upper control arm coil over that does have a better ratio and uses a high-end JRI shock. SoT and TCP make coil over set ups that have much better motion ratios by mounting the coil over further outboard on the lower control arm.

PS- i’m amazed there are so many offerings for these tubular aftermarket suspension’s for a 55-year-old platform. We are very fortunate in that regard. But it’s a pretty crowded field at this point and I’m just surprised guys are still getting into it, thinking that either they have a better mouse trap or they can expand the market enough to recoup a reasonable return on investment.
Especially with mustang parts suppliers like Dallas Mustang(and others) recently going out of business what seems to be left and right.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Especially with mustang parts suppliers like Dallas Mustang(and others) recently going out of business what seems to be left and right.

The number of cars being restored has been steadily dropping off for years and its now starting to have an effect. Those numbers will decrease even faster as time goes on.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Welcome to my world in the aftermarket parts business. It's called merger/acquisition or outright bankruptcy.
Where there were hundreds of Automotive Parts Warehouses 20 years ago, now there are half....... and those remaining
are owned by really big companies, mainly on the East coast.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm. Maybe I'll rethink this for the 100th time. Lol
I like the R3 suspension also but their pricing is ridiculous

1 - 9 of 9 Posts