Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I recently converted from the 65 gauges to the 66 5 dial ones. I got everything working the only problem now is i can't get the 66 gauges to bolt up. I don't want to force it or make new holes. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions why this darn thing doesn't just fall into place. :: Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
The sheet metal behind the 66 cluster is clearanced for the larger speedo. Some people cut a little to make the cluster easier to install, but it isn't necessary. I just have to tip the top of the cluster towards me a little to get the speedo over the metal lip. Its a little ackward at first, but it will go in without cutting anything. It helps to have the steering wheel and turn signal stock removed from the column when you do this.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i'll try it. I have some of your projects in my favorites. You did a great job on that car. Can't wait to see the Cobra. Any progress on that ::

·
Registered
692 Posts
Actually there is a little progress on it (note: I did say little). Last weekend I finished up the last project on the Mustang, and got to finally move the Cobra into the middle stall in the garage. I've been dying to get started on it, and finally will get to. Fortunately, I've had LOTS of time to gather parts, so I'm pretty much ready to go on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts