Vintage Mustang Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
The bag was always black, but the boot was the color of the seats. Which was often black.
Is this an accurate statement regarding the color of the boot being the color of the seats?

I'm the 3rd owner of a late May-built 1965 Rangoon Red GT Conv with Bright Red Pony Interior, white side stripes, white top and white boot. The original owner's photos from 1965 at delivery in late June 1965 clearly show a white boot from the factory.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I don't know if thats am accurate statement or not....I've seen all kinds of combinations at shows.....I would think in your case that with your top and stripes being white that the boot would be white as well.......my car is Tripple Black so the boot is Black as well...

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
To my knoledge there ARE NO RULES concerning the BAG itself....I have the 2011 MCA rules in front of me....and states"Convertible rear window hold up strap:no hole, no strap.Convertible top pads, correct canvas material.Convertible rear window zipper must be brass" and:"'64.5-'65-black or white.Other colors permitted with documentation.Rear bow finisher strip is 2 piece plastic, NOT 1 piece fold over. NO cloth tops allowed"
CT has recommended that IF a convertible owner has a "parade boot" they want to display it should be in a storage bag in the trunk.........
While we are on the subject of convertible tops, I still have some 12" lengths of the correct rawhide for the zipper pulls if anyone would like one just let me know!!
Hi,

I don't recall seeing any reference in the MCA rules, as well, but, thought maybe, I missed it.
As noted, I have a 64.5 vert. Still have those pulls? PM

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
I own a convertible and have that same bag too. I've folded it and agree it's not the easiest due to its curves and general layout. One just has to be creative, LOL!

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
You guys are replying to an 11 year old thread. BTW that bag looks inside out.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts