Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allow me to play village idiot again. I purchased two new hydraulic cylinders from NPD for my 71 convertible top. When I pulled them out of the shipping box, lo and behold...no connectors for the lines! Just a bolt in the outlet. What do I do to remedy this problem? Is there some kind of kit I am unaware of, or do I have to "plumb" these things from scratch. (God help me!)

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm no expert, but I would think that the hydraulic lines from the pump would have the fittings on them that screw into the cylinders.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my old ones there are copper fittings and lines that the lines hook into which are obviously missing here. I am unsure on how to make them for the new ones.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, they are the same hydralic ones that I currently have on the car. Just no leaks... ;-)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have the lines, but they do not connect directly to the cylinders on th old ones. They are "plumbed" with copper fittings and tubing.

G

·
0 Posts
if they have no holes for hydraulic fittings, then they obviously are not hydraulic and are the spring loaded ones for non-power top. they look identical except for the fittings.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They do have holes for fittings. I said in my original post that they had bolts in the holes. I just need to know how to add the copper fittings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts