Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering if anyone can help me. I ha e a 67 mustang convertible with a split rear glass window. The seam holding the split has come unglued and now I cannot use the car if it rains as the rear window would leak. My question is this.. is there any way to reglue the seam onto the glass at the partition, or do I need to purchase a whole new rear window? There was some mention of using something called sika 123 or sika 190. However, when I go to the Sika website and search these items, it is fast drying cement or stiff polymers, which obviously cannot be used on a split window. Am I just not searching the right product? Any information and assistance is greatly appreciated!! Happy Thanksgiving all!!

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
When I was a poor student back in the day, I used 2" wide clear, #M tape. Put some on both sides. Not the most eloquent solutions, but very functional. Eventually I bought another whole window.

I've heard of folks just using silicon to make a strip. Have to clean the glass surface spotless. Not sure how long it lasts though.

Reactions: Musclecarmama

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response. I'll give that a try for the short term. I know eventually I will need to change out the window. I love to drive the car as it is road worthy, but still doing many restorations on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts