Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of restoring a 1966 Mustang Convertible and have an electrical problem that relates to the Convertible Top Switch. I need to know which lead from the dashboard switch (Red, Black or Yellow) turns the pump on to LIFT the top. It has to be either the Red or Yellow lead as the Black must be neutral for each circuit (“up circuit” and “down circuit”).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do to Murphy's Law, try the Red one first and if that is wrong, well I think you can figure it out !!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to explain why I need to know which is which. I've taken the switch apart to fix it and didn't pay close enough attention to part orientation. I can only put the switch back together once as to take it apart again would ruin the switch case. Therefore I need to know which wire is up so that I can orient the switch post properly so that the knob allen set screw is inboard and lifting the knob up causes the top to go up. I hope this explains my problem. Anyway thanks for your thought.

·
Registered
348 Posts
holding the switch as it bolts to the dash (up on top, down on bottom) the yellow wire is at the top of the switch.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much that really helps alot!!!!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts