Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newbie question. I believe I'm about to acquire a pretty nice looking '67 convertible to add to my little collection and frustate my wife. The rear window is a two-piece window with a seam running horizontally across the middle of the window, and it has a rubber seal. I'm not familiar at all with convertibles. Is this normal? I ask because it's a strange look, and I can't remember ever seeing another Stang with that window. But then again, I can't really remember ever seeing a vert with the top up (benefit of Southern Cali). Is this window seam necessary for the operation of the window, or is this just some strangeness that was done to the car? Can I replace it with a one-piece window for a better look? Thanks in advance for the info.
P.S. Think good thoughts for me. After I buy the vert, I have to come up with a pretty good reason to give the wife why I can't possibly sell the hardtop.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
67 was the first year of the folding back glass window option for convertibles. My 67 vert has one. What you describe is correct. It is a desirable option, as the plastic rear curtains have a tendency to get milky and scratched over time. The disadvantage is the hinge which is prone to leaking over time. The new ones, I hear, have gotten better.
Reason to keep the coupe: Honey, how else am I going to have the complete set when I buy the 67 Fastback? :D

G

·
0 Posts
If I can chime in on this thread; I have a 67 vert and the hinge of the folding window separated. Is there a fix for this? I am currently trying to find a long, clear plastic/acrylic hinge to glue on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts