Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done this conversion? I found some instructions linked below but wanted to see if there were others out there that may have done this and had experiences to share.

https://dazecars.com/dazed/e-brake.html

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,218 Posts
I installed one from a 1987 Mustang. I made a support panel that I welded to the floor from the underside of the trans tunnel for extra support. I used Lokar universal rear black parking brake cables that I cut to length.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
I robbed a handle out of an '84 (as I recall) Mustang and got the section of transmission tunnel that it attaches to. I cut a hole in my '65 tunnel and welded the '84 tunnel in it's place. The '84 lever had a J hook adjustment rod on the bottom side. I slid the "yoke" from my '65 onto the J hook. I had to splice my original '65 cables to the cables on my Explorer rear end. Pretty simple job.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I have seen a few people use SN 95 brake handles. They simply bolt to the floor. A short cable connects to the handle, passes through a floor on the floor (a grommet comes on the cable) then ends in a equalizer bar. The two brake cables connect to bar.

If you are interested in going this way, I have a couple handles stashed away.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen a few people use SN 95 brake handles. They simply bolt to the floor. A short cable connects to the handle, passes through a floor on the floor (a grommet comes on the cable) then ends in a equalizer bar. The two brake cables connect to bar.

If you are interested in going this way, I have a couple handles stashed away.
How are the SN 95 handles different from the Fox Body handles?

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
How are the SN 95 handles different from the Fox Body handles?
1987 - 1998 are pretty much the same. The 94 - 98 sit a little higher and there are minor cosmetic differences but they are interchangeable. In 99 Ford changed the mounting pattern.
The 94 - 98 Cobra handle is leather wrapped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts