Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back a couple years, I remembered once I was fixing something under the car and found these old oily wires taped in a bunch and tucked away under the car... I yanked them out and checked them. To me it looked like a bunch of wire with two bulb hourings attatched. My first thought was that the previous owner had re-done the wiring for the front turn signals or side lights and had left these originals there because of a messy job. I was about to toss them but after a second thought I desided to put them in a zip-lock bag and store them in a box in the garage.

For a while now I have been searching for a harness for the hood turn signals and the lenses and assemblies too. Most are priced in the $30's for the harness only but since I dont have that now I decided that temporarily I would make my own harness using spare wire, bullet connectors, and those old side marker bulb housings I remembered I had stored 2 years earlier (Story above). I pulled them out and was about to chop off the bulb housing to add new wire when it hit me... that WAS the harness! The connector still intact, one fixable ground broken, and nice uncracked wire! I almost ran to open the hood and check the connector fitment and wire length just to make sure and sure enough that was it!

I checked the VIN 2 years ago and the car came originally with A/C, P/S, and a 302 and Im guessing also this cool turn signal hood! Too bad it isn't a true GT.

I thought it was pretty cool that I found this old harness lying around 2 years ago and extremely lucky I decided to save it.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That's funny. Glad you hung on to it!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dang...now I have a real excuse to hang on to all the junk in my garage.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I never throw anything away. I figure that someday, someone will figure out how to rebuild or restore them.

I also don't sell anything unless I know for sure what it is. 1) I don't want to misrepresent something, and 2) I might be getting rid of something that I might need!

Besides, it's *cool* to have all those extra parts. I love to look at people's treasures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts