Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1961.JPG

Set the pressure you want and pull the trigger, it shuts off when that pressure is reached. Dead accurate with my Joe's Racing gauge! If it would let air out as necessary, it would be perfect! I have a half dozen Makita batteries left over from my real carpenter days so the $100 tool only price was barely palatable after smoking both Wallyworld and Amazon cigarette lighter versions in the less than a year. 3 year warranty on this and the warranty has already been confirmed online.

It actually fits in the glove box of my 65. I think after a few events my glove box would be toast though. Why can't you buy an ABS glove box liner?

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Always wanted a plastic glove box . I recently got a HF Bauer 20v pistol style inflator with the idea of taking it to autox daze but so far have only used it for filling my lawn tractor tires

·
Registered
142 Posts
Picked that little unit up a few weeks ago. I love it, solid little portable inflator that’s accurate and quick... my go to now for a soft tire.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Switch to a '67:cool:
Wow, that's pretty drastic, just for a glovebox dont-ya think. I mean, just the social impact of degrading from an original 65/66 body - as-Mustangs-should-be Mustang to a lesser (and slower) 67+ variant trying to maintain the mystique of driving the one - the only - the original and REAL Mustang while settling for a later model' "Mustang want-a-be" just for the glove box, I have a hard time understanding why anyone who has not already made that mistake would do so after experiencing the real thing.

I know for you 67+ Mustangers there is a healthy dose of "sour grapes" and I don't want to pop your bubble, I know it makes you feel closer to being worthy and hey that is important to you guys - I mean you can still totally look down on those Fox guys so I know you understand where I'm coming from. I understand, I would be thinking the same thing if I had settled for something like a 69 Mach 1...

Luckily I have standards, I have to look myself in the mirror every morning so I didn't settle and I wouldn't lead NB down that ugly road...

Gotta draw the line somewhere on this site!!!

;o)

M

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, that's pretty drastic, just for a glovebox dont-ya think. I mean, just the social impact of degrading from an original 65/66 body - as-Mustangs-should-be Mustang to a lesser (and slower) 67+ variant trying to maintain the mystique of driving the one - the only - the original and REAL Mustang while settling for a later model' "Mustang want-a-be" just for the glove box, I have a hard time understanding why anyone who has not already made that mistake would do so after experiencing the real thing.

I know for you 67+ Mustangers there is a healthy dose of "sour grapes" and I don't want to pop your bubble, I know it makes you feel closer to being worthy and hey that is important to you guys - I mean you can still totally look down on those Fox guys so I know you understand where I'm coming from. I understand, I would be thinking the same thing if I had settled for something like a 69 Mach 1...

Luckily I have standards, I have to look myself in the mirror every morning so I didn't settle and I wouldn't lead NB down that ugly road...

;o)
M
Err... Our first Mustang.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Wouldn't be too hard to make an ABS glove box out of sheet plastic...just remove the staples and follow the folds of a cardboard one...might even be able to make one out of aluminum.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

;o)

M
I absolutely can not let this post go without quoting it.

This of all the post I have ever read on VMF, is very simply EPIC!!

If you don't own a 65 or 66, (and yes I do own a '69 Mach 1 also), this hit close to the heart. Kudos @dobrostang, I think I mumbled HELL YEAH!

By the way, I think dobro is enjoying his move to Florida...Drive on my friend, drive on!

Allen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts