Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Here is another product that I have used. I have had very good success with Evaporust, so I fairly confident this is doing its job

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is there an easy way to flush the heater core without disassembling the whole dash? Like is there a hose I can just spray with water?
I’ve been driving the car 5 - 10 miles a day with just water in the radiator for 2 days now (with heater on full blast) to just flush the whole thing out and the water still turns kinda red.

Also the panty hose filter is a good trick! There’s like chunks of crap that gets caught!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You could just disconnect the heater hoses from the engine and then they'd just be running to the heater and you could flush it that way by just pressing your water hose into the heater hose one way and then the other.

Just and idea.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Yeah you can disconnect both and hold the spray nozzle on one, spray hard for a while and let the other dump, then swap. Any water you cycle and let sit is going to turn rusty because the steel and iron inside the system will oxidize. Do the vinegar, get it hot, let it sit a day or so, flush and drain repeatedly until clear and immediately fill with the good stuff.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You could just disconnect the heater hoses from the engine and then they'd just be running to the heater and you could flush it that way by just pressing your water hose into the heater hose one way and then the other.

Just and idea.
I was thinking about this one but I have no idea where it is :oops:.

Is it those two?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Those look like the ones. Do they go straight back to the firewall?

Just pull them off at the front of the engine and you should can flush just the heater core.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts