Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 351C have a coolant drain plug that you can remove and drain much of the coolant out of the block. I have drained the radiator, but want to get the coolant out of the block.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
remove the lower radiator hose and most of it will drain out. To answer your question..No there is not a plug to drain the block.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Canted valve is correct, there is a plug (square) on the driver's side of the block...in the back under the exhaust... you can take this out or you can just remove the radiator hose...your choice. Thanks for the corrrect info CV...and sorry for my incorrect information...you learn something everyday in this place. Todd P.

·
Registered
329 Posts
There is a plug on both sides of the block on all three of my Clevelands. Pulling the lower hose will not get out all the coolant, but will remove most. If you pull the lower hose and the block plugs there will be little to no coolant left in the engine / block.

·
Registered
566 Posts
There is a plug on each side of the block. They may or may not allow the block to drain deoending on how much crud there is in the block.

They will either be a 3/8 square, or an allen plug, some people even screw petcocks in there to make it easy to drain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts