Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
I've been using the brass Gano on all the vintage iron. Those plastic ones are a joke.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Tefba (or similar design). These allow the filter to be cleaned without draining the coolant, and without unhooking any hoses. Much easier and very effective.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
I've had my plastic Gano filter for 5 years now with no issues. I'm sure that can change, but I check it regularly.
You've been fortunate. I just looked at a plastic once and it cracked.......

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Tefba.

Looks are okay but super easy to check and clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm running a plastic Gano and have been for about a year. I like the plastic window to be able to see the coolant when the engine is running. I don't like the plastic window because it's plastic. No problems so far, but you never know.

I like the screen. It works well to catch scale and little pieces of gasket sealer.

I don't like that I'm taking a perfectly good radiator hose with 2 connections, then cutting 1.5" out of it and adding 2 more connections.

I read on this forum that someone (sorry "someone", I forget your handle!) simply put the filter screen in their upper radiator neck. It is invisible, doesn't add connection/failure points, but also doesn't let you see inside.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts