Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im leaking coolant and cannot find where. All hoses are fine and not leaking, i installed a new radiator and it is fine. I just had new head gaskets put in by my mechanic, so that should also be fine. The block plugs are immovable and heater hoses are ok. No a/c. i see puddles mostly on the passenger side but also on my side. any ideas?? Thanks (to anyone who is actually trying to help)

@jay
even god doesn't know everything about mustangs<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by god on 04/23/01 10:01 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
35,266 Posts
First, are you sure it's coolant. Do you have A/C? I have had many customers say they have a coolant leak and it's condensate from the evaporator drain. You can buy a cooling system pressure tester at most parts stores and pump the system up to 14-16 lbs and check for leaks. Make sure the radiator is full. Places to check are heater hoses and hose connections, freeze plugs, water pump vent hole. You can also buy dye to add to the coolant, then check with a black light for traces of leakage. Good luck.

'66 A-code Fastback (therapy)
'89 Town Car (SWMBO D'driver)
'87 Caprice (as req'd by Hagerty)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why does god need to worry about coolant leaks? Get a couple of angels to pressure test the system and then patch it up. Sheesh!!!

Me telling you how to handle your problems? Come on! Your god!!! Deal with it already!!!

"When you hear pounding hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." - Dr. Harold Slavkin, Dean USCSD

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I had the same problem last year after a nasty race with a new Z28. I won but developed a cooland leak at the front of the right head. It was minor and would stop when I ran without the radiator cap. So I tried some Bars Leak. It worked! If you are sure that you are leaking coolant and can't find it try it. It might do the trick. I'll bet you have a marginal head gasket.....

...modified '65 convertible...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts