Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
no way !

H, since when is anything built by Fiat capable of going 80 mph ?! or did you mean 80 Kilos per hour........>:)

LSG

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
It might not be on my Mustang yet, but it will! Seriously, this little Fiat 500 gets 37mpg driving it 80mph to Ft Bragg every day. Also, I love the looks on soldiers' faces when I drag my 6'3" frame from that little car.
Dave

Tell me about the Bronze Star; very cool.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I rented a std 500 for a 350 mile drive to Philly and enjoyed the little thing. Of course it was right after they came out and they were a relatively new sight. Fun in the mostly-abandoned Saturday AM downtown area too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bronze Star

The Bronze Star was for early in the war when my Special Forces Detachment snuck into an Afghan village, captured a High Value Target (HVT), and then fought our way out of the village without any friendly casualties. The below photo is shortly after the HVT snatch operation when we came down off the adrenaline rush.
Dave

Tell me about the Bronze Star; very cool.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,889 Posts
The Bronze Star was for early in the war when my Special Forces Detachment snuck into an Afghan village, captured a High Value Target (HVT), and then fought our way out of the village without any friendly casualties. The below photo is shortly after the HVT snatch operation when we came down off the adrenaline rush.
Dave

Again, very cool. :wink:

Which is you?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm the bearded guy in the front WITHOUT a hat. My team used to give me a hard time about being so anti-hat. Check out the 2 FNGs in the back row who we brought along for their first mission and got embroiled in a huge firefight. All new matching gear, no beards, scared looks on their faces...classic!
Dave

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I'm the bearded guy in the front WITHOUT a hat. My team used to give me a hard time about being so anti-hat.
You could have pointed out that you were the one not wearing sunglasses, too. :)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I'm the bearded guy in the front WITHOUT a hat. My team used to give me a hard time about being so anti-hat. Check out the 2 FNGs in the back row who we brought along for their first mission and got embroiled in a huge firefight. All new matching gear, no beards, scared looks on their faces...classic!
Dave
I was hoping you weren't the buy with the bloused and tucked trousers, short sleeves and bright scarf...lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sunglasses

I forgot about that. It was so dusty my first deployment to Afghanistan that I was constantly cleaning my sunglasses, ruining them and distracting me at crucial times. So I just squinted...
Dave
You could have pointed out that you were the one not wearing sunglasses, too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts