Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at getting a set of cooper cobra's for the stang. they are about 17$ each cheaper then the bf. goodrich's i was looking at. i was just woundering what your experience is w/ the cooper brand. thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I have had a set on my 66 - 6 cylinder for several years. I like them.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
The repair shop I work at sells cooper tires & we have not had any complaints about them. :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have Coopers on a SUV for several years now and they are doing great. I have had 3 sets of BF Goodrich TA radials on my Cougar (daily driver) in the last 15 year and they too have done outstanding. This coming from a guy who swore off to never owning another set of Firestones in 1984!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just pondered the same question Friday .... I had made my mind up to purchase Goodyear Eagle GT IIs for one of my 1968's when I found out that the Goodyear was 1/2 taller and would not clear the front fender lip when turning. Wanting a solid white letter tire my choice boiled down to the BF Goodrich and Coopers. The shop was kind enough to mount one of each. I bought BF as the tread / tread sidewall transition looked more aggressive (attractive to me). They looked better on my Shelby 10 spokes. Hope this helps. Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts