Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the forum and this could be a fun venture!!!

It's a little far out of the way, but Coppola has a winery out in Napa Valley, CA and one of his Tuckers is displayed there as well as some other movie paraphernalia
Something to think about... :)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'm up for a road trip. I could meet you guys in Fairfield.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I've been there on a couple of occassions. (As you'd expect). Basically, the second floor of the winery (Niebaum - Coppola) has a lot of sets and collectibles from FFC's films. One of these is the Tucker from the biography he did. The place itself is a neat old 'castle' (built by Capt Niebaum), and has some fantastic landscaping outside of it.

Altogether, it makes for about a one-hour self-guided tour, and that's probably including time for wine tasting. Yes, it would be interesting, but would have to be a part of a "Wine Country Tour" for the day to be a worthwhile trip. My 0.02. :)

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm with Bill. You'd need more than just this winery to make the journey worthwhile. It is a nice winery and the stuff upstairs is pretty cool (the Tucker, the GodFather's desk, etc.). I didn't know that Nicholas Cage's real name is Nicholas Coppula until I read in the winery. He changed his name, so as to "make it on his own", instead of riding on his uncle's coat tails.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm in!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
In addition SWMBO's friends have a winery in Glen Ellen in the Sonoma Valley. Very exclusive and beautiful property. They do private tastings and perhaps when we secure a date I could set up a visit. But it's about 30 minutes beyond Napa and a 1/4 mile down a gravel road. The owner has a 67 Bonneville conv and a 68 Bonn. FB.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Sounds like fun. I could probably line up a couple of additional cars from my Mustang club to come along if you guys wouldn't mind. We could probably recruit them to VMF. ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts