Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay everyone,

What does everyone think? Should we stick with Corn Feed tradition and hold Corn Feed 8.0 in Des Moines? Or, should we break tradition and host it in Seattle? Which one would you attend? Oh, and don't screw around, I'm not. :D If you don't plan on attending in either case, don't vote.

The date will be the third weekend in June, unless convinced otherwise! :rofl:

-bob

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Bob, If it's in Seattle, I will fly in for it.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I like Des Moines better. Granted it is closer for me, I would still say that because it's kind of a "central" location for everyone, but if it's in Seattle, the East Coasters are gonna have a tough time making it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
you could be like SAAC and alternate between east and west coast with stops in the midwest between

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Or be like SAAC and Team Shelby, Bob holds one and midlife hosts the other..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Depends on how many cars you can load in your trailer.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
dodgestang said:
While I voted for Des Moines for obvious reasons.....will there be any racing if we go to Seattle?
SIR - Seattle International Raceway, also known as "Kent" back in the heady days of TransAm.

We're livng in Vegas now, but are from Seattle so I could take the SWMBO up and leave her with her family and I could go be crazy with ? we are doing.

Also Bremerton raceway, much more blue collar, but doesn't run a very big schedule.

I'f you're talking about street racing, wink wink, I'm sure there is an industrial park somewhere that needs some noise.

I'm biased.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I voted for Iowa obviously. Looks like racing is limited to Friday nights at Eddyville during June. Saturday the 14th (and Friday the 13th)lots and lots of passes will be possible at Cedar Falls if that isn't too far to drive.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
If it's all about tracks, why not go somewhere better than Seattle like Indy or Daytona? Hell, Indy would be great, 2 circle tracks and a drag strip, all within 10 minutes of each other. Personally, I still think Des Moines would still be the best choice, but if you're gonna base your decision on tracks, well, Seattle definitely isn't the place to go.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Acooljt said:
If it's all about tracks
It's about the people...not really the cars...I'm just a whiney SOB who likes to drive fast. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I wasn't addressing you specifically, there are a lot of people talking about tracks and whatever. Also, lets not forget about the freshly re-paved track in Phoenix as well. If you're going to base it on tracks, I just think Seattle is an awful solution, there are so many better options. But as I've said before, I still think Des Moines is the best idea, I'm going for the people, I could care less about tracks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
dodgestang said:
While I voted for Des Moines for obvious reasons.....
There is a Des Moines in the Seattle metro, too. ;)

I vote Seattle (for obvious reasons) although I have a new Mustang fan due at the end of June, so it may be a bit close. I was born on Interstate 5, not sure I want my offspring to be as well. ;) Maybe I'll just come by myself.
Daniel

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Acooljt said:
If it's all about tracks, why not go somewhere better than Seattle like Indy or Daytona? Hell, Indy would be great, 2 circle tracks and a drag strip, all within 10 minutes of each other. Personally, I still think Des Moines would still be the best choice, but if you're gonna base your decision on tracks, well, Seattle definitely isn't the place to go.
Circle tracks? WTF are those and why would anyone wanna drive around in circles anyway?

Seattle has a great road course.

-bob

1 - 20 of 94 Posts