Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Corn Feed 8.0 - The Election Year Special

5K views 130 replies 34 participants last post by  69stroker 
#1 ·
Okay everyone,

What does everyone think? Should we stick with Corn Feed tradition and hold Corn Feed 8.0 in Des Moines? Or, should we break tradition and host it in Seattle? Which one would you attend? Oh, and don't screw around, I'm not. :D If you don't plan on attending in either case, don't vote.

The date will be the third weekend in June, unless convinced otherwise! :rofl:

-bob

#5 ·
I will probably go this year...either place.

But I think weather and choice of activities might/would be greater and a little different in Seattle for everyone. And, with maybe a chance to add some new faces...as well as cars to the mix that never had the opportunity to attend before.

I understand it's easier/cheaper for the midwest boy's to wanna stay closer to home...but in the spirit of fairness...you folk's could hop a plane, flog a rental and man the "trunk bar" just as just we've done in the past. ;)

JMHO....

#8 ·
ken_schall said:
I will probably go this year...either place.
WooHoo that means I am free to break down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere again!!!!!! :roflao:

#11 ·
Am I the only person that thinks Seattle is really unreasonable? I mean, I'll submit to people not wanting it in Des Moines, but at least keep it in the Midwest where it's at least fair for everyone in the nation to make it. Putting it in Seattle makes it impossible for most people east of the Mississippi besides the rich folks.

#12 ·
Acooljt said:
Am I the only person that thinks Seattle is really unreasonable? I mean, I'll submit to people not wanting it in Des Moines, but at least keep it in the Midwest where it's at least fair for everyone in the nation to make it. Putting it in Seattle makes it impossible for most people east of the Mississippi besides the rich folks.
What a lot of people forget is that most of the PNW people that go to the CF's haven't missed one yet, why not give them a break for once? And the CF is the heart of the VMF, where does it say it has to be in the Midwest? :shrug:

Also, why not make it affordable to some of the west coast people for once? Or do you think we are all rich here?

#13 ·
Acooljt said:
All due respect, but that really doesn't make a whole bunch of sense. The plane ticket prices to DSM are going to be WAY higher than any ticket to SEA. Plenty of inexpensive hotels in SEA as well - it's not like we'll locate it in the most expensive part of town.

BTW, I had to repost it as I'd made a mistake on the end date for the poll. We'll see the results of the first one next year, so you can keep me honest. :D

-bob

#14 ·
Depends on how you look at it.

For us, we will fly to pretty much wherever it's at, and I'll start budgeting now for it. Seattle is a cheaper flight for us, and shorter flight.

With the exception of Dodgestang and Midlife, more people have flown and driven from the PNW, than any other outlying area. I don't see having it in that area once in a while, unreasonable.

Yeah, there are people in the Midwest and East that may not get to go if it's in Seattle. There are also people in the Midwest and East who won't go even if it is in the Midwest.

Some of the wives in the PNW would like to attend some of the functions too. Not gonna happen, if they have to fly every single year.

We're not talking about moving it permanently.

#22 ·
Exchevman said:
What a lot of people forget is that most of the PNW people that go to the CF's haven't missed one yet, why not give them a break for once? And the CF is the heart of the VMF, where does it say it has to be in the Midwest? :shrug:

Also, why not make it affordable to some of the west coast people for once? Or do you think we are all rich here?
Let's make sure we have our facts straight here... the PNW guys have made it to... 3 or 4 of the 7.... not all of them.

#23 ·
Yes Dear, it is more expensive to go to Seattle than DM. I drive to DM, spending 2 nites in a hotel (one each coming and going), plus 4 tanks of gas each way. That's about $360 just to go to DM.

If I fly to Seattle, airfare will run at least $560 (if not $600 by Delta, which is a captured airline that charges high prices to get out of Panama City), then the cost of a rental car will add another $100. That's at least another $300 out of pocket just for transportation expenses. Then take into account missing connections due to airline delays. Artfrombama missed one CF because his flight was canceled and couldn't get on another flight until 2 days later. When that happens, you don't get reimbursed for your airfare that you've already paid.

Driving is definitely cheaper up to about 1500 miles. 'Nuf said.

#24 ·
tiggermom said:
With the exception of Dodgestang and Midlife, more people have flown and driven from the PNW, than any other outlying area. I don't see having it in that area once in a while, unreasonable.
Define outlying area... I'm pretty sure that every year the chicago/michigan/indiana group have brought more people and cars than PNW and certainly more than Cali...

if you're talking east COAST... or florida... or PNW/Cali... correct, you do bring 'em in.

#26 ·
that works.

I think that moving it is simply going to end up as a zero sum gain. you're going to lose people nearer to the 'Feed who usually drive in and you'll pick up those people who always say they wanna come to the 'Feed, but always wuss out.

heh heh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.