Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made it to the Corn Feed II in Des Moines much later than I had planned to. My flight was supposed to get here at noon on Friday, but several rain and thundershowers shut down Minneapolis airport for about 3 hours! After holding over the Twin Cities for about 1.5 hours, we redirected to Omaha, Nebraska. Once there we sat on the tarmack for another 1 hour waiting for a gate. At noon, we finally get into the Omaha terminal. So I try to see if I can get a rental car to drive to Des Moines (two hour drive). But Hertz is out of cars due to some sports event in town. Damn.

So then I start waiting in the LONG line at the only cafe in the terminal (5 NorthWest flights were diverted here, and Omaha normally only has 1 gate). Before I move too far in the line, they start reboarding our plane to fly back to MN. We arrive at MN and again wait about 45 minutes on the taxiway waiting for a gate. I get into the terminal at 3pm. Next connecting flight to Des Moines is a 3:01pm (cant' make that one!). Then there are flights at 4:50 and 7:00pm. I go to the gate for these and rebook, getting confirmed on the 7pm and standby on the 4:50. Then I get to have some lunch at 3:30pm!

After a little shopping at the terminal (at least there is a lot to do at the MN airport) I go back to the gate, and I do get on the 4:50 flight, land in Des Moines at 6pm!

I go to Hertz to get my confirmed Mustang rental, and they tell me all that is left is Minivans! I am about ready to reach over the counter and throttle the clerk, when she says, Oops, here is the Mustang keys! She asks if there is a Mustang convention going on! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I get in the red Mustang (noticed a convertible in the lot still too), and cruised to the Hotel, checked in, changed clothes, and cruised to Hardee's by 6:30pm (and some people say 6-bangers aren't fast). I find the many old VMF friends and start meeting some new ones!

Then TeeBone asks me about my Minivan! He fesses up that he told the clerk to give me a minivan when I checked in for my Mustang! What a nice guy! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif His Mustang rental and mine match this year, both the same red color.

Later. Time to shower and get some breakfast!

Tom

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yeah Tom, there's some College World Series or somethin' goin on in Omaha this weekend... beats me why everyone seems to think it's important or somethin'. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts