Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flash update: Many vintage Mustangs seen in the Des Moines, Iowa area. Some people have reported hearing many car tires squealing in the vicinity of Red 5 Interactive. Be on the lookout for any suspicious activity!

CF2 car show was well attended. Midlife has a roster to post of those who attended so I won't attempt to list them here as I know I will forget someone.

We had a much larger turnout than last year. About 18 classic Mustangs and 5 late models attended, with about 40 people for the BBQ (rough numbers from memory). After our show and shine and BBQ, we again had our Burnout contest, which was attempted by some, and accomplished properly by a few. My rent-a-racer did better than last year, as I actually got the V-6 to spin the tires in 1st this time instead of only in reverse! I think it was decided that it was a draw better GT350clone and TFOB for this years winners.

Toward evening, we went to a new cruise-in, and basically ruled the place with Mustangs! There were a few other acceptable cars like two Cobra kits, a '56 T-Bird and some model A's that also attended /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. After that show, we went to Mozonni's (sp) and had some dinner and post-function BS and drinks.

As I post this, some of the VMFers are still at the bar. Luckily it is only 2 blocks from the hotel so most can easily stumble home.

Tom

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I just stumbled home at 2:15! For some reason it always takes longer to get home than it does to drive down there... no idea why....

To all those who missed the CF this year... Too bad.. the drinkin' and BS'in' AFTER the cruises was just as much fun as the Feed was!

I can't wait for next year... or should we make this a twice a year event? :p

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Must....have.....pictures!!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Sounds like you guys are having a great time. I'm going to go to "a" Corn Feed soon as the Mach gets done, whether it be Corn Feed IV, V, X, I will make it!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I want to be there sooooooo bad. Don't get in too much trouble!

·
Registered
613 Posts
even guys that have foolishly sold thier old stangs for driveway money are welcome.
I was getting a new hard drive installed while the actual feed was in progress.
sure had a great time last year and sorry I missed this year.
who knows by CFIII I might have another Junior to launch over that speedbump in the red5 parking lot.

G

·
0 Posts
hey i found out that its only an 8 hour drive to red 5 interactive. Maybe ill be there next year or for CF IV.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Rich I was thinking ,,How about we all show up at Bobs next weekend again HEHE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts