Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my son and I were at a car show and he swears we saw a mustang that had a pony corral on the grill that lights up, is this true was one made this way or is this any aftermarket item or did someone just customize their grill

thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
It was actually a Ford accessory. I've got a true NOS 1966 illuminated horse - part number C6ZZ-8B366-A still in the blue/grey Ford box. From what I've seen the Ford pieces in the original boxes are extremely difficult to find. There was a company in the 1980's that tried to replicate these and pass them off as Ford NOS pieces. These are usually what come up on ebay more frequently. Although, the auction in the post above does appear to be a Ford piece. Here's how to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
the one in the ebay is an original[see the diffusion grid...], i think that is a real cool accesory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts