Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a cable yet that fits nice? Ive been running one for a couple years now that is to long, well after it has touched the header inough times, its in sad shape. I need a solution.

so, does anyone make one that is shorter that will route nice enough to where you can keep it away from the header?

Fow body style...

Ken

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Check out Mustang Steves web site, his kit uses the late model cable which is a lot cheaper to replace than the ron morris cable.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im running the lat model cable, Its an after market one, but same length ar the 79-93... does the Mustang steve Cable run shorter the stock?

If not Im in the same boat...

Thanks for your reply,

Ken

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I think thats the same one, which is actually shorter and cheaper than the ones the Ron Morris kit uses. That cable runs up in front of the shocktowers then angles down and back to the clutch.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to find one that was shorter that started to turn down right after the firewall...

the one I have now is a high or was a high quality cable that if left free would run down the center of the shock tower...

Ken

G

·
The mustang steve cable is going to be too long as well. I seem to remember a way to shorten the cable but I cant remember right now. Have you tried routing the cable differently to "make" it shorter?

G

·
I would send mustang steve an e mail and ask him. He has always been good about answering questions and he may be able to tell you how to shorten it. I had a stock one laying around if you want I can try and find it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the Mustang Steve cable setup and haven't had any problems. It is secured away from the headers and has a bit of header wrap where it gets close.

I haven't tried it, but I've read that a 94/95 cable is a bit longer so perhaps you can go that route.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts