Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it standard for a GT/GTA to have the rear valance cutouts and quad exhaust or was it an option? Several GTAs I've seen have what looks like a standard valance with straight duels. I've also seen two different engine set ups ie all GT/GTAs had to be an A, K or S code (no C code) another site says some GT/GTAs were C codes.
Is there a site that is the "go to" site for correct 67-68 info? Thanks
WG

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
In 1967, for whatever reason, you could get a C code engine. The GTA's had the duals with the cutout valence and tips.
Beware, unless you are looking at the Marti report, and it says GTA, it's like all those 65/66's out there with GT emblems. There are a lot of folks pretending. You just have to be smarter.
The other posibility is that the cut out valence was not available (years later after being used)so some owner just put on one and also didn't buy the tips.

G

·
For '67, only a K or S code engine car came with dual exhaust from the factory. That means if you got an A or C code GT or GTA in '67, it DID NOT have dual exhaust from the assembly plant. Common misconception that all GT's in '67 had duals with quad tips.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
For those like me that have a NJ built '67 GT/GTA that still has the build/buck tag on lh fender apron, it'll have "S K" stamped on the tag, that meant factory dual exhaust as Charles stated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts