Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find information on correct interior colors for my car? I know it had the white interior, but I would like to know dash color, headliner color, seat belt colors, etc. Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Assuming you have a '65, there is no documented source for your interior color combination beyond the original door warranty tag.

If you don't have the tag, and you're sure about the white interior (vinyl, doors, dash face, etc.), then you only need to determine the color of the appointments (dash pad, radio speaker, carpet, & seat belts). There should be some evidence in one of those areas to determine the original appointment color (red, black, burgundy, blue, aqua, ivy gold, palomino, etc.).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Interior Code is D6 (White Crinkle Vinyl with Black Appointments, Standard). Unfortunately the interior was re-done by someone who liked red and white better, so i can't tell what colors the metal portions of the dash and doors was originally. I was hoping someone could tell me whether these were typically the exterior color (Dynasty Green in my case), these were black (is that what the "black appointments" means?), or they were white like the Vinyl? Thanks, Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts