Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I have a 1965 with the deluxe interior. My interior is palomino. I found some info from an old post that says my car could have either the low or high profile rally pac. I am looking at the low profile so that I can more easily see my 5 gauge cluster. Which color rally pac would be correct for my car? The parchment colored one??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The 65s generally had high profile and 66 generally had low profile but either could have been dealer-installed by 1966. The reproductions are available in limited colors, as were the originals. I thought black looked pretty good with the camera case but you're probably right on with Parchment with woodgrain. You can paint it any color you like, but getting the wrinkle finish may be a challenge with custom colors.

·
Dimples
4,122 Posts
Black for high profile, parchment for low. Black/high would probably look the most correct to most people’s eye, but I get preferring the low style. Black low style would look out of place.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do think the black goes well with the camera case finish. I found a picture of a black rally pac against a wood grain dash and palomino interior. It looks okay, but I think a color matched rally pac would stand out less... which I would prefer. Definitely leaning more towards parchment low profile even more. Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
504 Posts
It is my understanding that Rally Pac's ordered with the car, as a Factory Option, were color keyed to the interior color, and Rally Pacs purchased as an Accessory, at the Parts Counter, were all Black, with the option of the buyer to "Paint to match".. This is supported by the listing in the 1960-68 Ford Master Parts Catalog, (a copy of the Rally Pac listing is attached).

Bob

1960-68 MPC  June 1968.JPG

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is my understanding that Rally Pac's ordered with the car, as a Factory Option, were color keyed to the interior color, and Rally Pacs purchased as an Accessory, at the Parts Counter, were all Black, with the option of the buyer to "Paint to match".. This is supported by the listing in the 1960-68 Ford Master Parts Catalog, (a copy of the Rally Pac listing is attached).

Bob

View attachment 743805
Very helpful! Thanks Bob!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I never tire of looking at these beautiful cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts