Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My recently acquired '65 had an inoperative speedometer (difficult driving without). I pulled the cable out of the T10 and found the gear was missing. Seemed simple, I checked the various websites for the correct tooth count and ordered a gear for a 4 spd (C2DZ-17271-J). Installed the new gear and went for a ride. No speed indication, but I notice the odometer is running backwards! OK, does a T10 use the "reverse" 3 spd / C4 gear? If so, I assume the 4 spd gear is for a toploader?

I would appreciate someones expertise.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I used the 3a rotation gear for my t-10. I was told all 4-speeds take the same rotation for 65-66.

Paul

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul:

Do you mean the "A" gear (16 teeth) for a 3 spd transmission?

Thanks,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check with NPD. They have type 3a left hand rotation and type 3 right hand rotation. 4speeds should be using 3a. There is a picture in their catalog of the 2 types. I even have an extra speedogear laying around from my old T-10 that I bought if you want it but it has 18 teeth I believe. PM me if you would like it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and offer. I have an NPD catalog on order and I will check the pictures out and compare it to what I have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts