Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wiper blades now that appear to be chrome. They are pitted pretty bad so I decided to get some new ones. I found some I am interested in that are supossed to be "original" but they are stainless steel. Are mine just cheap aftermarket ones or are the stainless steel ones incorrect?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
IIRC my original ones on my 66 were tyco stainless steel.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The end cap should be chromed pot metal. The shaft that connects to that is stainless steel. The end caps do get pitted..I guess they could be rechromed..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The end cap should be chromed pot metal. The shaft that connects to that is stainless steel. The end caps do get pitted..I guess they could be rechromed..
That makes more sense to me since it is the cap that is pitted as I recall. Hmm, buy new blades or try and have mine rechromed? Buying clean non-pitted used original ones makes more sense to me. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you can find good ones at a fair price I would grab them. It would probably be cheaper than getting your's rechromed..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Wasn't that one of the changes from 65' to 66', I know I read it in a book that they changed from chrome wiper blade in 64/65 to stainless steel in 66' to stop the glare the chrome wiper was giving off.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that is true and since my car is actually an early model 65 pretending to be a 66 Hertz Clone, going to all stainless steel would be OK and more accurate for a 66.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts