Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick the 66 coupe up from the paint shop and I decided to take the new drip rail moldings along with me so a professional could install them. Wrong answer, we tried for ever and chipped the paint on the rail all to crap. We used a molding tool and a rubber hammer but no luck. They seemed to be long and weren't wide enough at the ends. Anybody have any suggestions on installation? Please help before I ruin another set. Thanks. ::

G

·
0 Posts
"Professional?????",,,,LOL,,,i built your car,,,,Hey guys,,,,help me and Scott out on this one,,,Anyone else out there had this problem with Corvex mldgs.??I knew better than to try to put these on myself,,LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah I had problems with the same brand. The passanger side when on pretty good except for the front edge- it looks like it wants to pop off. The drivers side, however, is another story. Horrible fit. Its all mangled and stuff. I hear the best solution is to find good originals. =(

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bent mine all to crap trying to remove them for the painting on my 66. Have just about decided NOT to put any back on...heyheyehye... :p maybe one of these days, when I really feel like messing up my new paint job and doing some major league cussing! :eek:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Find some nice originals and polish them up. Then put wax on the car's drip rail and then install. Wax acts as a lubricant and a rust preventative in case of a chip.

G

·
0 Posts
I've used them and your right they are a terrible fit. The second time that I used them I anticipated having a fit problem and long before painted the car I shaved the width of the drip rail down just so they would fit. G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts