Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from a show today (best in class - yeah)and got cought in a freak storm. I'm on the PA turnpike outside Philadalphia and it sarts to rain. OK I thought I can deal with alittle rain. Just a little more calean-up. The rain tuned into a downpour. Can't see. Slow down. Then the dreaded *POP* *POP* if hail. Oh sh*t, I thinks. I pull over to the side of the road at a turn-out, sit there with my wife and son cringing at the thought of what the hail is doing to my beloved Mustang. sit idle for about 15 minutes while I watch 1/2" sized hail pummel my baby. I tell you, I was about ready to go into deep depression. Finnally the storm eases up no hail, Just rain I begin to proceed It stops finnally and I stop to see what the damage was to be. Whew. No dings or dents. Man I am Lucky on this one. The ironic thing is that about 1/4 of a mile down the road, was a service plaza, where I could have seeked refuge under the roof at the gas pumps. rain was so hard I couldn't see it.

One lucky day for me.

Don

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You got lucky, any bigger hail or if the mustang wasn't as thick skinned bad things would have happened. I was in iowa about a year ago. I was woken up by the sound of something smashing into the roof above me. Looked outside there were golf ball sized and larger hail comming down. The night before i had borrowed a mustang convertible since the guy who rented it was going to try one of 12 brand new ford expeditions (<100 miles). The mustang had a cracked windshield and dents that were the size of a fist. There were 40 rental cars hammed that night. Some had the glass blown out. And yes, most of the brand new expeditions also got peppered, but not my POS subaru, it was safe back at the plant.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
What show were you at? I did the Huntingdon Valley show yesterday afternoon, and luckily had the Boss back in the garage before the storm. I'm wondering how they did at Glenside?
Hail does do a job. Back when I lived in Jersey, we had a storm come through and do a nice ball peening job on the top of my '71 Chevelle (sorry). Our house also lost 6 windows.

Carl

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went to a show at Medfor ford in Medford Pretty nice show for the first one they held. All mustangs grouped together though. I really think I won mostly because the Limited Edition 600 had ties to Medford Ford. oh well the trophy is on my shelf.

Don

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Glad to hear you and your family and the car made it through alright. And, congrats on the win/forums/images/icons/smile.gif!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts