Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my wanderings today, i came across a 69 mach 1, coded 9F02Mxxxx, supposed to be a 351. but looking at the intake i noticed the bolt pattern was different and made a sketch of it. compared it to the 351w, no match to pre 77 and no match to post 77 either. looking at the bolt pattern by the dist were 2 bolts, not in line but offset/angled. best i could match it to was a boss 302. would the valve covers be the same as stock 302 covers? thats what it had. was definately a 4bl. car was next door to a friends farm and nobody around to ask about it. my friend called me back and said the car belonged to his neighbors son who lives in ca. will find out if he wants to sell. is currently sitting in woods with bushes all around it. very salvagable and restorable project. approx value?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The M code is for a 4v 351w.

The Boss 302 valve covers are similiar in appearance to the 351c variety, 8 bolts vs the 6 bolts for a 289-302-351w. Good luck however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts