Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I think my mustang is the first 1965 Mustang GT shipped to Kentucky. My car is built 9th April 1965. The GT cars would not be built until March of 1965. Does anybody have a 1965 Mustang GT that states DSO as 36 built prior to 9th April?
Best Regards Johannes

Tire Vehicle registration plate Sky Wheel Water

Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
Nice shot馃檪..... post some more馃憤

Registered
It is highly unlikely to be the first GT to that DSO. There is also no way to prove it either way.

You have a gorgeous looking fastback. Why do you think it is a GT?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is highly unlikely to be the first GT to that DSO. There is also no way to prove it either way.

You have a gorgeous looking fastback. Why do you think it is a GT?
I have old photos of the car before it was restored. 90% of the metal is original. Also it has every single unique GT part. Like fog lights, u-shaped brace, quick ratio steering box, fog light mounted position, punched fog light holes etc.
:)

Premium Member
I have done extensive research and I might have the very first GT fastback made. My data plate has March 27th. My data plate info > VIN 5F09K677490 , BODY 63A , COLOR 3 , TRIM 26 , DATE 27Q , DSO 64 , AXLE H , TRANS 5

Iirc the very first mustang GT made was a convertable.

Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
Interesting question. It triggered a search here on VMF and I found a similar "unique" inquiry from you about 3+ years ago. Even if you had irrefutable documentation to support your hypothesis, (provenance) I am not convinced such a claim adds tangible value to your car. You have a very, very nice car, enjoy it. At the end of day, if your car displays high level workmanship, cleanliness, and is tastefully done, even if modified, it should do well when it comes time to sell it. If it's originality can be documented, the concours folks would tend to be opening their wallets wider for you. Don't fall into the rare = high value hole. There are many "rare" Mustangs whose rarity does not translate into higher value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts