Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…so I had one made! Here it is, the new wheel to my car. I didn’t like any of the aftermarket ones as they were too flat, or just didn’t look right. And I liked the center section of my OEM style wheel so I talked to a local shop to have them cut down the wheel and weld a new hoop to it that was smaller and fits better. The shop is Northwest Crafted Interiors in Everett, WA and they did a fantastic job. It drives great and fits the look I’m going for exactly. Time to drive!
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge

Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel Car

Car Vehicle Wheel Steering part Hood

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love it!

The stock horn ring looks great at that scale. I’m guessing the horn no longer works the same way. What’s the solution there?
It still works just the same. It actually fits better than on the original wheel. Previously, you had to fit it just right for it to be centered and look right however, with this the extra leather on the sides seats it well but there's enough space below to touch the horn contacts.

·
Dimples
7,199 Posts
It still works just the same. It actually fits better than on the original wheel. Previously, you had to fit it just right for it to be centered and look right however, with this the extra leather on the sides seats it well but there's enough space below to touch the horn contacts.
That’s fandamntastic. I like it even more now. Such a cool solution.

·
Registered
469 Posts
…so I had one made! Here it is, the new wheel to my car. I didn’t like any of the aftermarket ones as they were too flat, or just didn’t look right. And I liked the center section of my OEM style wheel so I talked to a local shop to have them cut down the wheel and weld a new hoop to it that was smaller and fits better. The shop is Northwest Crafted Interiors in Everett, WA and they did a fantastic job. It drives great and fits the look I’m going for exactly. Time to drive!
View attachment 826271
View attachment 826273
View attachment 826272
Oh…….the flat spot is not for me.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was offered to do that by the shop, but I thought that would be too much and wanted to keep the dash metal. It’s a nice balance.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Absolutely beautiful. The centering stripe doesn't work for me if the rest of the car is mostly stockish, but I can't tell if it is. Wish I could see the rest of the car. it's all about context so it may work with the rest of your mods. Visual preferences aside, there's no denying the quality of the workmanship and attention to detail. (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts