Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a little cleaning up in my house attic. I have a complete rear seat stored up there. I was thinking of tossing it. I don't think they have much value, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
hey even if it brings $20 bucks on ebay, its better then letting the rats in the dump have their way with it

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would take it to your local stang store and trade it for something. By the time someone paid the shipping it would put it over it's value. Unless you find a local who would give you 200.00 if its in good shape, front and back.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
post it on eBay using keywords 'eleanor - restomod - shelby - GT500E coupe prototype rear seat' with a BIN of $1000 (free shipping with BIN) :lol:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I got mine reupholstered for more than half that price. I think it was around 300.00

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
While they don't have a ton of value, someone out there is building a car from a basket case and needs one.

The coupe back seats are one thing that never changed from '65 through at least '70, so you have a big audience to choose from. The only difference in them was in the upholstery applied to them. The seat frames and buns never changed.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I wish I had a back seat for my coupe so there is someone out there that will need it although they are really not worth much. Try to give it to a local Stanger in need, that is what I would do.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Hey, remember that board member that set his back seat on fire welding? You just have to wait for the right moment to sell. :)

Seriously, put it on e-bay.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would put it on the free board.Personally I think it's one of those parts that if someone needs it maybe you'd get about $50 for it,but you may have to hang onto to it for another 10 years.I don't see them bring good money on Ebay because they are plentiful and the shipping would be killer.2+2 and Convertible back seats are worth hanging onto though.And back seats do take up some space.I know how it gets I've been doing some parts house cleaning myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts