Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was at a car show recently and i heard a guy say "Coupes are for kids, Fastbacks are for men, Convertibles are for women" ... seriously he said it and i keeled over laughing .. but i thought you guys might have a different opinion, LOL.

I have a fastback so i didnt have to take offense .. but my funny little honey had a bit of a frown .. shes dying to drive my car but (thankfully) can't drive a stickshift .. yet...

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Hey, @ssholes are allowed in to car shows too.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
And if you have one of each, you must be a man in touch with your feminine side who is young at heart???? :: :: ::

By the way, women dig men in touch with their feminine side (or so I've been told). ;) ;) ;)

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Let's see, I have a coupe and I'm a kid at heart so that works. However, I don't have a convertible and Trouble is a fastback, so....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
A 'verts just a coupe with a cheap, sh**ty, fabric roof ::

JK ;)

I would agree that the individual in question was indeed an a**hole. ::

Gary

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hmm... I'm a girl, I have a coupe but want a fastback!
Oh yeah I CAN DRIVE STANDARD

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Real men (and women) drive what they want. If he has a problem with that....well, he has a problem, not me!
I have verts, coupes, fastbacks, notchbacks, sportsroofs, roadsters, supercabs, crewcabs, hatchbacks, sedans, rancheros,wagons and vans. I'm glad I don't have a problem with this!
Bruce (TX)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I'd agree with the s**ty part but not with the "cheap". I just replaced my top and it definitely wasn't cheap. Ya know, ever since I bought the vert in 1998 I've noticed that I'm becoming a more caring and sensitive person. :: I have to drive the SportsRoof every now and then to keep my voice from changing. ::

That guy's intellectualy lazy generality reminds me of that great line about there being two kinds of people in the world. Those that divide people into two kinds and those who don't. I've known some pretty masculine guys who drive verts and coupes and I've known some real wimps that drive fastbacks. Just depends on what's the special of the day when you happen to have the money in your hand. I was looking for another SportsRoof when I bought the vert. It was just too good a deal to pass up and "when the top goes down the price goes up".

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Speaking of A$$holes...
At a car show this weekend with KAOS our slightly modified 66 HIPO GT vert, parked next to a 70 Mach 1. Mach owner is talking to another 66 vert owner... I caught tail end of what he said....
"...that's because your car is a tinker toy compared to mine..."
I was livid, still am.
Granted 70's do become more complicated, but that was an assinine statement to make to another car owner.
Besides that, this guy pays people to work on his car other than his own adding a lot of chrome flash under the hood. I challenged him, while pointing at KAOS, and asked how many have you built? Mike did everything, including paint, except for machining the engine on KAOS.
What a jerk!
J.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I'll take one of each, thank you.... Does that make me a "tri-stang-sual," know what I mean ? :eek: ::

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tri stang ual .. love it Dickson, lol ...

I do have to agree on one thing though, there just is something really sexy about a woman in a convertible .. the longer her hair the better ..

ouch, just got nudged in the ribs .. ::

James

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hey, I'm a man! I've had two fastbacks, my '65 and my '70. Of course, if any of you knew me, you'd know that I'm still a little kid in maturity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts