Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I'm out in the garage working on ye-ole-stang I like to listen to music. I pretty much appreciate all genres of music from the 1930's through today with the exception of opera, heavy metal, and (C)rap music. One thing I've found is some exceptional bands on Youtube covering older tunes - in many cases I like them better than the originals. Thought I'd share some of these bands (with selected samples below) and ask you guys-n-gals for your recommendations.

Pomplamoose - husband, wife, and friends - out of California

Foxes and Fossils - fathers and daughters group - out of Georgia

Mona Lisa Twins - Identical twins - out of Germany

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
So, when I'm out in the garage working on ye-ole-stang I like to listen to music. I pretty much appreciate all genres of music from the 1930's through today with the exception of opera, heavy metal, and (C)rap music. One thing I've found is some exceptional bands on Youtube covering older tunes - in many cases I like them better than the originals. Thought I'd share some of these bands (with selected samples below) and ask you guys-n-gals for your recommendations.

Pomplamoose - husband, wife, and friends - out of California

Foxes and Fossils - fathers and daughters group - out of Georgia

Mona Lisa Twins - Identical twins - out of Germany
Two and three, great, one, I didn't like the vocals, however, the musicians were good.

My take...

Allen

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Cover songs! Anyone heard of Steve'NSeagulls?

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
The show Sons Of Anarchy always featured some great covers. The first sound track CD is great. Second one not so much.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Yes!
They may seem like a Kentucky bluegrass band but they’re from Finland.
Ha Ha..... I remember when I found that out I was just blown away. Lot of rock covers and some country across the pond but I never would have imagined a Bluegrass band.
Now we have several regional bands around Kentucky and the south doing rap and rock with a Bluegrass style.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I've got surround sound with B&W towers in the corners and self powered 12" Velodyne subs in the ceiling. It's all tied into the TV, so I can feel (watch) movies and or Jam to various tunes like you mentioned. I like all but some of the slow country- the stuff where when you play it backwards you get your car back, your dog back, your girlfriend back, etc. I'll kick in some 2 Live Crew, Kid Rock, Def Leoppard, Digital Underground, Kiss, Zac Brown Band, White Zombie, etc. As far as remakes go, this is one of my favorites!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
"Not bad for a blind white boy."
Haha !!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Even though this isn't a cover band (G.G. Allin had several bands). They did a great cover of Warren Zevon's "Carmelita". A lot of other band covered this song, but IMHO this is the best version.

Spliffy

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I like originals :)

John

1 - 20 of 102 Posts