Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10,382 Posts
Well I like most music, country and opera being the big exceptions. My preferences run towards hard rock, 80’s and old school rap. But I listen to just about everything. I love covers. Here are a few favorites. Social D Ring of Fire was already mentioned. This Leo is a weird dude, but crazy talented.

Love Leo he's a hoot

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well I like most music, country and opera being the big exceptions. My preferences run towards hard rock, 80’s and old school rap. But I listen to just about everything. I love covers. Here are a few favorites. Social D Ring of Fire was already mentioned. This Leo is a weird dude, but crazy talented.

Leo is the best. Love his metal covers.

Sent from the interwebs... where else?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts

What in the what...ok, Tom Sawyer wasn't bad but my ears were bleeding before it...

Allen

·
Registered
645 Posts

This is my favourite of his..

Glad I’m not the only one who likes metal around... sheesh

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Tesla's "Real to Reel" album is a great bunch of covers. They went old school and recorded on reel to reel tape (hence the name of the album).

·
Registered
507 Posts

This is my favourite of his..

Glad I’m not the only one who likes metal around... sheesh

I’m a headbanger from way back in the day! Well at least when I used to have hair. DC had an amazing music scene back in the 80’s. Lots of punk. My wife was so excited when I told her I was playing an Adele song. She quickly became less enthusiastic once she heard the cover. It was pretty funny.

What in the what...ok, Tom Sawyer wasn't bad but my ears were bleeding before it...

Allen
Ha, does get the blood pumping though!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love Leo, yeah, crazy talented guy. this is my favorite remake by him, it's just flat out awesome

YES! That’s one of my favorites too! Have you seen his version of Let it Go?. One of the best things about him is that he’s having so much fun! Imagine how amazing the world would be if we all had that much fun at work.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Years ago I got the brilliant idea to try and train a Pandora channel to only play versions of Miserlou. It kinda worked.

People in the office hated me for it.
So I started over with versions of The Girl from Ipanema

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quicksilve66, I bet we were at some of the same shows at the 9:30 club.
I loved the 9:30 Club! My favorite concert there was Third Eye Blind. We were right up front and the band members were in the mosh pit with us. It was awesome. The Black Cat was also great. Did you ever hit up Hammerjacks in Baltimore?

·
Registered
507 Posts
This on broke my brain, The Leningrad Cowboys doing Sweet Home Alabama.

I don’t know how to assimilate this into my life.... I spent a good amount of time in Russia back in the ‘90s and that brought back a lot of bad memories....

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
YES! That’s one of my favorites too! Have you seen his version of Let it Go?. One of the best things about him is that he’s having so much fun! Imagine how amazing the world would be if we all had that much fun at work.
yeah, lol. most everything he's done is good. i'm more in awe of him being able to play every instrument, and play them so freaking good!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Never made it to Hammerjacks. My first slam was at the 9:30 Club with Pere Ubu. My buddy elbowed me and said "It's a fight!" Then when we realized what was going on we jumped in. I wonder what happened to all of the video that was shot there. I used to drive up from Lynchburg and the go straight into work the next day red eyed and stinky.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts