Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy selling me the hardware from his '70 sportsroof to convert my '69 over to bolt-in glass. He's in the process of stripping all the stuff out of the door right now and he wants to know exactly which parts I need. The problem is, I don't know exactly which parts I need! Obviously, I want the bolt-in channel portion that attaches to the bottom of the glass, but what else? He says there is an "X" looking window support inside the door--do I need this, or will my stuff interchange somewhat? Is the window regulator different as well? What about the vertical positioning brackets? Help! ::

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
You need all the brackets and regulators.Basically everything inside the door.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Just to save you all the trouble, have you though about just re-glueing them in place?

The the urethane adhesives made by 3M for this purpose work fantastically. They are used on almost all new domestic cars with no problems. I re-glued the windows in my 69' with them many years ago and absolutely no problems. Many people made the mistake of using silicone rubber and that won't last, the new uerethanes will do a great job.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
a picture is worth......

http://www.bossman-motorsports.com/70doorglass.gif

the top window is the 70 setup and the one below it is the 69 setup - you can readily see the differences...

randy

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
and don't forget you will need the '70 glass also jace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts