1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Just some guy
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
I take it you dont have Facebook? We're all dying, every last one of us..... they're stacking the bodies like cord wood. Asking everyone to bury their loved ones in the yard, and be sure the hole is dug for the last one alive in the house. :LOL:

·
Just some guy
20,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I manage to avoid Facebook for the most part. If they're all dying why do they need all the toilet paper? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts
0 cases in my county. Y'all get in line to place your dibs on my stuff when I die.
I was in our Walmart today and there was actually some TP on the shelf!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I have stayed away from facebook for a few months now. The stupidity being shared there left me feeling pi$$ed off most of the time. I am astounded by the shear volume of gullible people in this world. I do check this link daily though. Coronavirus Dashboard. It's no wonder this has become so widespread. My wife and I went to pick up some food at a local restaurant. It's being run by a local husband and wife team, no other staff. The couple cooks up one meal selection per day, you order and he gives you a specific time to go in and pick it up. One customer at a time inside the bldg.. Wife went in, I waited in the truck. The guy that went in just before her got out of his car and put a pair of gloves on and went in. He came out, 2 hands carrying a big tray. He laid the tray on the roof of the car, took the gloves off, grabbed his keys out of his pocket...THEN put the gloves in his mouth, grabbed the tray and got inside his car. I thought WTF!! You just can't fix stupid!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
I have stayed away from facebook for a few months now. The stupidity being shared there left me feeling pi$$ed off most of the time. I am astounded by the shear volume of gullible people in this world. I do check this link daily though. Coronavirus Dashboard. It's no wonder this has become so widespread. My wife and I went to pick up some food at a local restaurant. It's being run by a local husband and wife team, no other staff. The couple cooks up one meal selection per day, you order and he gives you a specific time to go in and pick it up. One customer at a time inside the bldg.. Wife went in, I waited in the truck. The guy that went in just before her got out of his car and put a pair of gloves on and went in. He came out, 2 hands carrying a big tray. He laid the tray on the roof of the car, took the gloves off, grabbed his keys out of his pocket...THEN put the gloves in his mouth, grabbed the tray and got inside his car. I thought WTF!! You just can't fix stupid!
Tell me you made that up...:oops:

Allen

·
Registered
10,402 Posts
^^ I witnessed an Asian girl in Walmart wearing a face mask but only covering her mouth not her nose.
Another "couple" was in our shop, He was wearing a mask the She was not on the 1st visit the next time they came in both had on a mask ,worn down on the chin not covering anything

·
Registered
187 Posts
...The guy that went in just before her got out of his car and put a pair of gloves on and went in. He came out, 2 hands carrying a big tray. He laid the tray on the roof of the car, took the gloves off, grabbed his keys out of his pocket...THEN put the gloves in his mouth, grabbed the tray and got inside his car...
I sincerely hope that fella makes it through the pandemic ok. Having said that, this story was one of the funniest things I read all day. Thanks.

·
Registered
652 Posts
0 cases in my county. Y'all get in line to place your dibs on my stuff when I die.
I was in our Walmart today and there was actually some TP on the shelf!
459 cases in my county... higher likelihood you guys get my stuff first.

Hope everybody stays healthy and we can go back to normal soon

·
Registered
221 Posts
Was in the grocery store this morning, saw a young woman come out of the rest room, wipe her runny nose with her hand in a single motion from her lip straight up to her eyes, then grab the shopping cart with that hand and proceed to the frozen goods and take out item after item, examine them and then put them back after deciding on something else. Not once did she wipe her snotty hand off in any way.
Went down the next isle just in time to witness a guy sneeze half his face off without the slightest attempt at containment in any way filling the air with a slow falling mist.
Sad that so many people can't grasp the seriousness of this.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
If nothing else, this thing sure has shown us there are still plenty of maroons out there.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The problem with the maps is that a test has to be given before a positive is registered. Most of the sick in my area are told to self quarntiene without a test.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
My county in po-dunk Alabama is getting a reputation as a hot spot, but I believe that our numbers are largely because we are proactively testing as many people as possible and educating the public as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
So far, we've only had two test positive in my parish(county). I don't go anywhere anymore, unless I absolutely have to. It does have a benefit though, I get to postpone some purchases that SWMBO wants.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Was in the grocery store this morning, saw a young woman come out of the rest room, wipe her runny nose with her hand in a single motion from her lip straight up to her eyes, then grab the shopping cart with that hand and proceed to the frozen goods and take out item after item, examine them and then put them back after deciding on something else. Not once did she wipe her snotty hand off in any way.
Went down the next isle just in time to witness a guy sneeze half his face off without the slightest attempt at containment in any way filling the air with a slow falling mist.
Sad that so many people can't grasp the seriousness of this.

Mythbusters did a Contamination piece back in 2015 on a runny nose.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
We had our first two cases reported in our county yesterday. Small county and fairly rural. One though was a girl that goes to nearby school and other is her Mom who works as receptionist at HVAC company my son-n-law works at so it is getting closer to home.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The problem with the maps is that a test has to be given before a positive is registered. Most of the sick in my area are told to self quarntiene without a test.
Yes, and more cases showing up on maps in large part because more testing is being done. Epidemiologists are increasingly becoming of the opinion that the virus is far more wide spread than originally thought and that most cases simply go undetected due to lack of symptoms. Even the epidemiologist at the Imperial College in the UK that formed the model that the world has been using to make decisions (anticipated 500k deaths in UK and 2.2M deaths in the US) has backed WAY off by a factor of 25.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was going to wear my bunny suit and hood that I wear to paint cars, to work. 😛
But then I thought twice about it, because I feared that the crazies would start a riot.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts