Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
It takes a certain kind of psychopathy to worry about the economy over people.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
A late 50's smoker who was working on our side of the shop this week before he disappeared Thursday after looking like hell Wednesday has just been tested for the virus. We won't know until Monday.

As a former smoker, I quit 20 years ago, I tend to prod people I care about the benefits of giving up the addition. He always said "I'm not a quitter". I wish him the best.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
11 senior living and nursing homes are now infected in Washington State. We have had 8 more deaths today and 589 new reported cases in the USA. In addition, due to a lack of testing the number of cases is under reported. Hopefully the school closures and social distancing will help slow the spread.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just heard we got our first case here in Rocket City. Some guy that works for NASA. So I expect he's been spreading it around for the past week and at least 100 other folks in town are infected (and just don't know it yet).

@DonP, While I understand your response, but I really don't think the economy or politics should be our focus. In that respect, Trump is being the grownup.

@vegasloki, According to the CDC director's testimony before Congress last week, accurate testing is now freely available everywhere in the US. With 2,500 verified cases to date in the US, the tests are ready in time to do the most good.

Trump was just the guy in office when this happened. In fact, Trump's administration has acted faster and more proactively with this epidemic than Obama's did with either H1N1 or Ebola. Trump offered China financial and medical aid back in mid-January when only 80 deaths had occurred. Unfortunately, China refused our help and we'll never know if it would have mattered anyway. Once containment failed in Wuhan, there was no chance of stopping this virus worldwide. Even the Feb 1 travel ban Trump imposed didn't help. Of course, he was also criticized for that decision too.

If anything good comes from this epidemic, perhaps China will finally regulate those festering "wet markets" where so many of these diseases evolve.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
@DonP, While I understand your response, but I really don't think the economy or politics should be our focus. In that respect, Trump is being the grownup.
Hypocrisy much? Since you started it, get some things straight.
January 22: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it totally under control”!

January 24: Trump on Coronavirus “It will all work out well”!

January 30: Trump on Coronavirus “We have it very well under control, and I think its going to have a very good ending. So that I can assure you”!

February 2: Trump on Coronavirus “Well, we pretty much shut it down coming in from China, but we did shut it down!”

February 10: On Fox News Trump says without evidence that the coronavirus "dies with the hotter weather” "You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat. (Its summer now in Austrailia CTW)

February 24: Trump tweeted another baselessly claims: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”

February 25: Trump falsely claims : you may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re ALL getting better!

February 26: Trump wrongly says the coronavirus "is a flu"

February 26: Trump baselessly predicts the number of US cases is "going very substantially down" to "close to zero”

February 26: Trump wrongly says the flu death rate is "much higher."

February 27: Trump baselessly said: "It's going to disappear. One day -- it's like a miracle -- it will disappear.

February 28: Trump said at a rally: Coronavirus is a democratic” Hoax”.

March 2: Trump falsely claims "nobody knew" the number of US flu deaths, nope he’s the only one that doesn’t know as usual.

March 2: Trump says a vaccine is coming "relatively soon” Trump did not mention that CDC had told him earlier that day that a vaccine was "a year to a year and a half" away.

March 5: Trump wrongly claims the virus only hit the US "three weeks ago” Trump was informed of a confirmed case on January 21(6 weeks prior).

March 5: World Health Organization (WHO) based on data collected around the world stated the global mortality rate for coronavirus at 3.4%. Trump says :”I think the 3.4 % is really a false number, this is just my “Hunch”!

March 6: As the number of cases and deaths in Italy rises, Trump says
“I hear the numbers getting much better in Italy”

March 6: Trump falsely claims anybody can get tested if they want.That wasn't true. There were an insufficient number of tests available, as Pence said the day prior, and Americans could not get tested simply because they wanted to get tested. "You may not get a test unless a doctor or public health official prescribes a test,"

March 6: Trump baselessly muses that "maybe" the coronavirus improved US jobs numbers,

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states Insurance companies will pay for patients Coronavirus treatment. Next day Insurance Coalition corrected Trump and said they will pay ONLY for Co-payments ,NOT Treatment.

March 11: Trump TV speech wrongly states his Travel Ban to Europe will “apply to the tremendous amount of trade and large”. Next day white House Officials corrected Trump misinformation and said” Travel ban will NOT include trade!”.

March 11: Trump’s Ban to Europe does NOT include Britain and Scotland, were there are more confirmed coronavirus cases than in some European countries.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
It would behoove those who constantly criticize those in power to run for office because it's obvious you can do better. I bet no one would speak ill of you if you did. Well, at least not more than about 50% of the population...

Those who ALWAYS turn a subject political are part of the freaking problem!!

Allen

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It takes a certain kind of psychopathy to worry about the economy over people.
I understand 50% of the country does not like the President. As others stated during the press conference yesterday the administration has been working behind closed doors with people on this. Much of the work to get testing rolling was to roll back/side step regulations.

It appears the administration's team is competent and has a solid strategy. Is the President warm and fuzzy presenting it, no. He is attempting to reassure the country, but his style is less than great.

As for economic impacts, that is critical to fight the disease. People and companies need to know that losses will be limited if/when it becomes necessary to take time off of work or have large numbers of employees stay at home. People with few resources may push to go to work when they are sick out of economic necessity. That is bad for community health.

Please people, lets put aside partisanship and shots at the POTUS and get through this. Something of this scale is unprecedented in our lifetime.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Anybody remember the movie The andromeda Strain.........since we will all be quarantined soon, might as well rewatch it....scared the bee jesus out of me back in the 70's, Of course, so did Jaws, I still hate getting in the ocean...and lets not even talk about the Exorcist....

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Anybody remember the movie The andromeda Strain.........since we will all be quarantined soon, might as well rewatch it....scared the bee jesus out of me back in the 70's, Of course, so did Jaws, I still hate getting in the ocean...and lets not even talk about the Exorcist....
You want to get real freaked out, go on to YouTube and listen to audio of actual exorcisms.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Loved that movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Bring out your dead! LOL.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
My corona!

141 - 156 of 156 Posts
Status