Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone with a vintage Mustang must be working on their car.

Stuff that Summit usually has in stock is back ordered up to 2 months.

Im about 45 min from Summit and go right by quite a bit, so I swing in pretty often to pick stuff up.

67 Mustang MC backordered until 1 Sep.

No 4100 carb mounting gaskets in stock.

About half of you guys need to start a garden and quit buying stuff!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
A least you're not dead... yet? Most of that stuff comes from our honest and truthful friends in China. While they have no virus problem, things from that part of the world seem to be lagging a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
That master cylinder and carburetor gasket could be found around the corner at your local auto parts store.

Reactions: GT_SCODE and Target

·
Registered
128 Posts
I could not believe I found a MC, a accel pump gasket and two front drums in stock at orelliys. Had to go to summit for the brake spring kit, (ok could have had delivered) but thought it would b a fun deal as ive never been. Fng nightmare. you would have thought I was waiting on line to see metallica or something. An uninspired and sluggish sea of humanity in pause awaiting their name to be called to collect their previously purchased items. Ugh.. id rather have another colonoscopy. At least I was unconscious for that.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I found Ford Blue paint, 2 sets of valve cover gaskets, engine lift plate and the MC at Advance with 25% off and free shipping. Ended up being about $20 cheaper than Summit but I had to work to find everything. Advance says a Cardone 10-1488 doesnt fit my 67 power drum brakes, everyone else says it does, so I ordered it. Lifetime warranty.

I didnt see any numbers on the MC I removed. How can I tell if it is an original Ford part?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes. I have been working on my car more than usual. And the money I’m saving by not having my kid in daycare and not putting fuel in my daily.... I can spend it on car parts. :)..... I need to work on the car to get some sanity back from 3 little kids being at home for 18 weeks straight now...

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I ordered my pro flo 4 and arp intake studs on 6/4, still waiting for the studs to ship....

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's not just Summit. A couple of months ago I order insulation from Eastwood. It was delivered in 3 days. Turns out I did not order enough, second order last week took over a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts