Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
Just received an email from 3m corporate, we have been deemed essential and will continue to work.....we make sandpaper. I told the other guys even if they shut down the plant us maintenance techs will still be in here working.
My daughter-in-law is a 3M brand manager for stuff. She is working from home.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
My company just gave me a letter to carry with me stating that the company is considered essential. I guess for if I get pulled over. Hope I don’t have to blackout my headlights.
Yeah, my wife's radio stations also recieved those for distribution to announcers and engineer. Also got one that allows them to buy gasoline!
I hear our cell site engineers may be getting them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
WA state got a 48hr notice to shut down last night, Still essential service here at the FORD dealership trying to sell parts for cars that should be at home.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I was at a convenience store that is inside a Holiday Inn on Panama City Beach today. It was 80*, sunny and the beach was beautiful. The convenience store gets a list of guest as the store is right by the pool and any of the guest can put the bill on their room tab. The lady running the store told me they had a total of 4 rooms today of guest. You can imagine what this place would look like on any other March 24th...

You are not allowed on the beach btw...

Allen

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Former golf professional now semi-retired -working a part time gig as a sign installer for a local real estate company, residential and commercial - still installing/removing signs as no state/local ordered lock down yet

Wife is retired city librarian but is/was part time at a local bookstore - store deemed her in a higher risk category (age) along with a few other employees so they have cut their hours to zero - she’s okay with that and was going to tell them she was done until this passes anyway

Son is a golf course head groundskeeper in SD - still working as they are keeping courses open at this time - no mandated lockdown yet

Daughter is records technician for a police department and is the assistant to the field operations captain

Be safe and smart everyone

John

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I’m a pilot for a major airline, for now. I have my schedule for April, but expect to be furloughed in May with no indication of a timeline to come back. I’ll need to find another job, and since the market will be flooded with furloughed pilots, it’ll have to be out of aviation. I’ll probably look into amazon since they’re still hiring because it’s hard to find work when everything is closed. I also have a letter to carry with me saying my work is essential.

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts
Automotive repair, auto parts, and towing services. Word just came, all essential. Not one scrap of off time for me.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Communications infrastructure, we're on overtime. I'd love some time off, but I guess it beats the alternative.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
My company just gave me a letter to carry with me stating that the company is considered essential. I guess for if I get pulled over. Hope I don’t have to blackout my headlights.
I've heard that IN has some really stupid rules. My sister broke her ankle Sun, and because of those stupid rules can't see ortho until Tues, cuz they're only allowed to be open 1 day a week. Waiting for some nice lawsuits to come out because of that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m a project manager for a production hom builder in Dallas Tx. Residential construction is considered essential so we are still at it.
I put a bucket with bleach and water in it so I can wash up each time I come out of a house. Never know who was in before me
Side note. I had knee surgery a week ago yesterday was set for my second follow up today called my surgeon and got a VM that said “ this office is closed until further notice”. Not what you want to hear a week out of surgery. Fortunately I am getting around well on it. Back to work part time tomorrow
GC

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I’m a project manager for a production hom builder in Dallas Tx. Residential construction is considered essential so we are still at it.
I put a bucket with bleach and water in it so I can wash up each time I come out of a house. Never know who was in before me
Side note. I had knee surgery a week ago yesterday was set for my second follow up today called my surgeon and got a VM that said “ this office is closed until further notice”. Not what you want to hear a week out of surgery. Fortunately I am getting around well on it. Back to work part time tomorrow
GC
In both my and your cases the essential thing is BS. You won't be able to pull permits or get inspections and I'm doing architectural woodwork for the hotel and convention center industry. 2 weeks ago we were booked through 2023. Now, not so much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In both my and your cases the essential thing is BS. You won't be able to pull permits or get inspections and I'm doing architectural woodwork for the hotel and convention center industry. 2 weeks ago we were booked through 2023. Now, not so much.
Actually we are still getting permits approved and returned to us and inspections are still being done for now. They are claiming it’s to keep three economy going . I don’t disagree with you on the BS part though. You walk onto a sight with the crews still side by side and who knows who they come in contact with when they go home.
I am trying like hell to stay away from all the crews and it I have to get close to them it’s with gloves and mask on.
My wife is just getting over bronchitis and I had a knee surgery done 10 days ago. Today was my first day back.
GC

·
Registered
600 Posts
Manufacturing, specifically high-precision production machining. We're considered essential due to the supply chains we're involved with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I work for a large cable company. I coordinate repairs to our equipment when it gets damaged. I’m deemed essential because people need to be able to call 911 and have access to the internet & tv. My employer is letting me work from home.
So far it’s going well, but ironically, with two adults and two school age kids all working/studying from home it has pushed our cable modem to its limit on several occasions.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Substation Tech...everyone wants electricity.
All caught up on projects at work.
Work has us in pandemic standby at home in case of emergencies.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
My wife, a realtor is considered essential and is still showing houses.....government doesn't logic very well.....
I drive by the title company every day and the lot is always full. Closings going on as usual. I Emailed my real-estate agent last week and asked to be removed form the listing updates and she replied OK but it's still the best time ever to buy and sell a house! Current house is mortgage free. I did notice in the week before I had the listing updates removed many listings were withdrawn.

So, on the government and logic thing.....

41 - 60 of 81 Posts