Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
I drive by the title company every day and the lot is always full. Closings going on as usual. I Emailed my real-estate agent last week and asked to be removed form the listing updates and she replied OK but it's still the best time ever to buy and sell a house! Current house is mortgage free. I did notice in the week before I had the listing updates removed many listings were withdrawn.

So, on the government and logic thing.....
My wife has showings scheduled for the next few days. She did have one couple ask that she hold off on listing because the wife was a waitress and is currently not working, but other than that its business almost as usual. She was hoping to be put as nonessential so her and our son could go to her bff in tampa FL for a couple weeks, 48$ a round trip ticket is hard to pass up.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I am retired....totally nonessential and useless.

Just ask my wife
I hope your bragging about the retirement thing!

"totally nonessential and useless. Just ask my wife"
Thats pretty much universal.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Are you and your job essential in regard to the current COVID19 pandemic, how and why?

This isn’t a thread about COVID19 and your thoughts, only your essential job and what you do, I’ll lock this is a heartbeat,....

Here in Louisiana, the governor issued a stay at home order effective this evening at 5:00 for all non essential workers.

We’re in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical manufacturing industry right outside New Orleans. We sell equipment and supplies to manufacturing plants; soft drinks, bread, dairy, poultry, beef. I’ll be coming in for work.
My job at DSA Detection, in MA, we make training aides, kits and sell consumables to TSA, FBI airports to do passenger screening. Among things like fingerprint test kits, alcohol wipes etc. We hold contracts for Dept of Homeland Security. So we still go to work. We carry a letter from Dept of Homeland Security.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm an institutional investment consultant for a large mutual fund company...basically I work with endowments and foundations, manage their assets and periodically meet with them to review everything. As of two weeks ago I've been working from home, but my company is seen as essential, so we have a variety of people working in the office, but probably 3/4 are working from home. All client travel is suspended indefinitely, but I have found that we can do just about everything remotely, and so far, the systems have worked great. Totally miss the interaction with the people in my office, and we have already had virtual happy hours where 6 or 8 people will videochat about the day.

My wife is a college professor and is teaching her class remotely as well using Zoom conferences. She says that she thinks that the kids are actually participating more now then when they were in class!

My 10 year old has cyber school and every morning gets a list of assignments from her teacher. They just started doing zoom conferences as well, and while she definitely doesn't like not being able to physically be with people other than the two of us, she definitely likes the "recess" that she gets twice a day to free chat with her friends from school.

With the "extra" time, I've scheduled to take my car to "The Barn" to get some long put off work done and finally get her finished and put together. Not sure when I will get my slot, but I was told it was only a few days worth of work so I am really excited.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just got the lay off word ! So now I get to go home and school the spawn while the wife works from home, She has been dealing with the boy at home for 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I fly a helicopter for a local TV station. Still normal work schedule for us, but not the usual stories. It's mostly been drive through testing sites, and such. The afternoon rush hour is non existent, close to empty highways at 5-6pm.

Talking with an air traffic controller last week, and he said TSA only screened around 3k people for an entire day. This was at Philadelphia International. I also notice the long term parking lot that is normally packed, had maybe a dozen cars in it.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
View attachment 748243

For all the Essential Workers out there!!!
Thats a T-shirt that will get the crap beat out of you! And yet I want one. Talk today of going down to 4 days a week while retaining full medical. I'm down with that or anything that will reduce my chances of getting this bug.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Thats a T-shirt that will get the crap beat out of you! And yet I want one. Talk today of going down to 4 days a week while retaining full medical. I'm down with that or anything that will reduce my chances of getting this bug.
How about this one?

Allen

Attachments

·
Registered
3,480 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
It seems I've been deemed "essential", haven't missed a day's work. I'm conflicted about that, some time off would be nice .... :) Instrument/Electrical Technician in a plastics manufacturing plant.

I found this amusing, from Facebook:

CORONA VIRUS UPDATE :

America Is Shutting Down Everyone Except ...

Your Shippers, Merchant Mariners , Longshoremen , Linemen , HVAC , Plumbers , Electricians , Nurses , Doctors , Paramedics Firefighters , Police Officers , Refinery, Oilfield, Boilermakers, Welders, OPERATORS Of Every Profession ...
Funny how everyone gets told to stay home except the workhorses of America 💯

Y’all go home , crawl into ya beds with your 500 rolls of toilet paper , get that warm bowl of chicken noodle and keep that thermometer under ya tongues.
Dont You Worry .. the Backbone of America woke up this morning , crawled out of bed regardless of how they felt and what restrictions they set in place ....
Just to make sure your sitting comfy in your Air Conditioned/ Heated homes , you still have power to your microwaves and routers for Netflix, you can still scrub your butts with hot water ... to make sure those truckers have products to pick up for your shelves to remain as physically stocked as possible !
Rest Easy America , We Got You ! It's What We Do

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I work for a large, private DoD contractor that builds military aircraft. I run the FAA certification program for our company and our work hasn’t changed at all. I’m working from home but still travel to remote sites, where we test/fly aircraft, to meet with FAA inspectors.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I’m a DoD contractor. Our company has been designated essential. I carry a letter from the company and the attached direction from the undersecretary for Defense identifying which industries are considered essential. Florida hasn’t shut down but DoD has moved us to telework as much as possible. if we lock down the state , the letter will cover me for driving to and from work.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
It seems I've been deemed "essential", haven't missed a day's work. I'm conflicted about that, some time off would be nice .... :) Instrument/Electrical Technician in a plastics manufacturing plant.

I found this amusing, from Facebook:

CORONA VIRUS UPDATE :

America Is Shutting Down Everyone Except ...

Your Shippers, Merchant Mariners , Longshoremen , Linemen , HVAC , Plumbers , Electricians , Nurses , Doctors , Paramedics Firefighters , Police Officers , Refinery, Oilfield, Boilermakers, Welders, OPERATORS Of Every Profession ...
Funny how everyone gets told to stay home except the workhorses of America 💯

Y’all go home , crawl into ya beds with your 500 rolls of toilet paper , get that warm bowl of chicken noodle and keep that thermometer under ya tongues.
Dont You Worry .. the Backbone of America woke up this morning , crawled out of bed regardless of how they felt and what restrictions they set in place ....
Just to make sure your sitting comfy in your Air Conditioned/ Heated homes , you still have power to your microwaves and routers for Netflix, you can still scrub your butts with hot water ... to make sure those truckers have products to pick up for your shelves to remain as physically stocked as possible !
Rest Easy America , We Got You ! It's What We Do
That would shut down the electrical system overnight.
Natural gas would be shut off.
No grocery store would be open.
No truckers bringing product including those groceries and medications.

Quite honestly, that sounds like a whiny dweeb!

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
While we have been deemed essential there is rumblings in management that we should be there as few days as possible to minimize the risk, so they want us down to 32 hours a week, my boss is fighting tooth and nail to make it 4 ten hour shifts. Time will tell.

The funny part is our idiotic governor is considering making golf courses "essential." While I'm 100% against government shutting down anything I find it hilarious a politician definition of essential.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Police officer in Australia. Offline from normal role andworking in the command team for the operations looking after all of the quarantine checking, border controls and locking down our indigenous communities.
Crazy busy - Aus is being very proactive so we are having to implement new measures with Health bringing in stronger and stronger restrictions day by day.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Police officer in Australia. Offline from normal role andworking in the command team for the operations looking after all of the quarantine checking, border controls and locking down our indigenous communities.
Crazy busy - Aus is being very proactive so we are having to implement new measures with Health bringing in stronger and stronger restrictions day by day.
A friend is a glass guy here. He is being kept busy every night with break ins. Many grocery stores getting taken.

Much higher frequency than normal.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts