Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to figure out how to post photos... I just finished welding in the passengers and drivers cowel repair sections on my project, and I have to tell someone!

This repair was started over four months ago! But, the floors needed to be done first and both cowel extensions needed to be patched, the firewall repaired. The Dash Removed,( Why not? ) and subframe connectors and a RH torque box added too.

I will re-install the cowl cover tomorrow. The First external body part to actually go back on the car in over three years.

I am not sure if I am going to be able to sleep tonight. Every one that said I could not do it are going to wish they were me when I cruz by.

Thanks for the space. I had to tell someone.

Now to have SWMBO teach me how to post the photos...

Thomas

G

·
0 Posts
Congratulations, Thomas. We'll all be looking forward to the pictures /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
If you haven't set the grille back in and put the fenders back on, the battles only half done...don't forget attention to detail until the jobs done...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Before you weld the top back on the cowl, rustproof it with either POR 15 or Mastercoat. Then take it to the body shoip and have him paint the lower part the body color. Once you weld it on, you'll never get the paint down there to look right. Liberal rustproofing and seam sealer will mean you won't be doing this again in your lifetime!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Both Por-15 and Corroless. I am applying Corroless to the underside of the cowl interior and firewall and Por-15 to the inner cowl. 3-M seam sealer and rustproofing are about to begin.

I unfortunatly cant take the body anwhere just yet. No suspension installed. (Next Project) But, it s a great idea.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually stopped lastnight because i was tired and my grinding was getting sloppy. I actually have to go back today and weld a few places the grinder put deep groves in. Notice I said the Grinder did it, not me...

Each Weld is going to get seam sealed and rust proofed also.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts