Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello VMF,

My swap is nearly complete, however my mechanic pointed out that it randomly stalls after opening it up at WOT. It appears to idle and drive at low speeds just fine. I've read this is a known issue that is fixed by:

1) wiring the OSS to the PCM - for transmissions that use OSS like the MT82
2) installing a speed calibrator - for transmissions that use VSS

Has anyone ran into this issue and what have you done to correct it? Since I'm using the MT82 transmission, which I believe uses the OSS design, could anyone tell me what pins on the Ford Racing PCM do I connect the OSS to?

Here are the specs on my build:
2012 Coyote Engine
MT82 Transmission
Ford Racing control pack
Custom intake (MAF placed near filter)

Any input is greatly appreciated.
-Cire

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello VMF,

My swap is nearly complete, however my mechanic pointed out that it randomly stalls after opening it up at WOT. It appears to idle and drive at low speeds just fine. I've read this is a known issue that is fixed by:

1) wiring the OSS to the PCM - for transmissions that use OSS like the MT82
2) installing a speed calibrator - for transmissions that use VSS

Has anyone ran into this issue and what have you done to correct it? Since I'm using the MT82 transmission, which I believe uses the OSS design, could anyone tell me what pins on the Ford Racing PCM do I connect the OSS to?

Here are the specs on my build:
2012 Coyote Engine
MT82 Transmission
Ford Racing control pack
Custom intake (MAF placed near filter)

Any input is greatly appreciated.
-Cire
Here are some instructions I recall reading. Hope it helps. You will need to get the new pins from Ford Racing. Also, I believe Ford Racing's latest revision of their controls pack has the instructions and which pins to use.

https://www.auburncustoms.com/coyote-swap-idle-issue-fix/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts