Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Love it! It looks so good I wouldn't be in a hurry to put a hood on it. Sorry if I missed it, but what do you have for a transmission and rear gearing/suspension? Are you running a stock or custom tune?

built 4r75w w/usshift controller, 4000 circled stall, strange 3.70 9" with caltracs and split mono springs. Front is AJE k-member/a-arms, strange fox coilovers.

The car looks great. Any room for a turbo in there? :D
trust me, I was thinking about it, but after 3yrs i just want to enjoy the car for a little :)

Sweet ride, how did you capture the brake rod in the Ranger MC to keep it from falling out if the pedal over extends?

used an adjustable pushrod so when the pedal is pushed all the way out it cant even come out of the MC.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
ed an adjustable pushrod so when the pedal is pushed all the way out it cant even come out of the MC.
I fabricated a custom rod but now Woodchuck has me freaked that if the piston doexn't come out quick enuogh the rod could drop out of the piston but still land inside the bore locking the piston in the depressed position. Probably low probability but hey, someone wins the lottery every week...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I fabricated a custom rod but now Woodchuck has me freaked that if the piston doexn't come out quick enuogh the rod could drop out of the piston but still land inside the bore locking the piston in the depressed position. Probably low probability but hey, someone wins the lottery every week...

I don't see how that could possibly happen, but if it did, its locking the piston in depressed position which is better than the alternative.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts