Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another project I'm working on.

2013 Shelby Brembo brakes for my 67 Cougar. I will be installing a Sport IFS from Art Morrison to make room for a Coyote motor swap in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Always wanted one. ( I do have one out back but it's to far gone but does have a few good parts on it )

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I had a bro in law with one years ago. He called it a mustang for grown ups:)

Tats a scary driveway incline and big street you live on for a project.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. We have Granada front and Explorer rear.
Nice!

Very cool. '13 GT brakes and adapter brackets are waiting to get installed on the Fastback.
If you ever want to upgrade from the GT brakes it will be a bolt in affair. :D

I had a bro in law with one years ago. He called it a mustang for grown ups:)

Tats a scary driveway incline and big street you live on for a project.
My brother (twin at that) has the red 66 mustang I showed in another post. Figured I should be different since we have too many things alike. Lol.

The car will actually be going into the garage to be worked on, but I need to get my brother's other 66 mustang out of the garage first.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know! Do they require 18" wheels?
At a minimum 18s are required. And even some of the 18s may not fit. Ford Racing I believe lists the wheels that would work.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
A little bit of an update. As I mentioned before I did some small things here and there. Front brakes installed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I did some prelimnary mock up with the coyote engine.

Along the way I built an engine lift fixture because I didn't feel comfortable with the lift brackets supplied with the coyote engine. I can see them bend as I lifted the engine. Getting the CG right also proved to be cumbersome with the supplied lift brackets.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
To date, I have mostly installed the front suspension. Still need to weld upper control arm mount gussets, top coil over mount, and the down tubes to tie the frame to the firewall. I'll tie the gussets, coil over mounts, and down tubes together.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Small update. Tacked the motor mounts in. Going to finish mock-up with the transmission then complete final welding.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Man, what a sweet build! You're going to love those brakes. I drove a 2015 with brembos and WOW! It was like throwing a boat anchor out the window.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts