Vintage Mustang Forums banner

141 - 145 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
nice ! i was planning to build something similar to house my modified stock tank, primarily as collision protection.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Here's a shot with the fuel cell in place.

Underneath there is a bracket to mount the Holley pump, hopefully I can plumb in both pickups but if not a single pick up always supported the engine that's going back into it. Really looking forward to get this thing back together! Who knows; with this WuFlu thing I may actually have it together before the start of the season!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Well I've been trying to find some tires to mount on my wheels when they arrive so I can move the car around easier once it comes off the rotisserie. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any used ones to fit due to the size. I attended an auction last weekend that included some Continental race rains that would work and after sitting there for 6 hours waiting for them to hit the block they ended up selling for $130 each but you had to buy the whole lot of 12 tires. Just a little too much for tires that I don't "need". Anyhow I found brand new ones direct from hoosier for $94/each, freight included so when my new wheels show up this week I'll get them mounted. Guess I need to get the rotisserie work done so I can get this thing on the ground.

What size rear tires are they? I did not know I could order that wheel in a custom BS. I like that style and will look into them a little bit more now.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I'll have to check but I believe they are a 315/30/18.

Now I'm really going to look into them. How much clearance do you have on the inside between the tire and inner fender? I borrowed a 20" 315 tire to check fit. Problem is I do not know what my final ride height will be, should be 2 inches lower than stock or that's what the front is set up for. With the 20" 315 tire I checked the top of the wheel opening and its tight with an inside clearance of about 3/4. I fear I may need to run a 305 tire.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts