Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the CPP Mini subframe on my 66 convert. Today I was test fitting the spindles and on the lower ball joint there is a spacer. It doesn't say in the instructions where the thing goes. SO where does it go? Here's a couple of pics of where I have it now.

·
Registered
20,070 Posts
I think some of the aftermarket arms put that spacer on top of the spindle just under the castle nut.

This^^^^ the spindle has a taper and so does the ball joint that must mate. It's probably a MOPAR ball joint, the taper is the same but up by the threads it's longer. Spacer under nut and washer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the CPP Mini subframe on my 66 convert. Today I was test fitting the spindles and on the lower ball joint there is a spacer. It doesn't say in the instructions where the thing goes. SO where does it go? Here's a couple of pics of where I have it now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same set. If you used it without a spacer, spindles would sit too low on a balljoint causing interference between spindles and lower arms. In addition, you'd need tall castle nut since it would be lower on a thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts