·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
In the past I recall reading issues about the tapered ball joints having fitment issues. Not sure what you are looking or wanting to do with your Mustang suspension wise. But I'll give you two suggestions for board members that have a vast knowledge of suspensions, John and Sherri at Opentracker racing products and Shaun at Street or Track. They are great to talk to and won't over sale you something just to make a buck. Another knowledgeable member is GT289, also Huskinhano

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the past I recall reading issues about the tapered ball joints having fitment issues. Not sure what you are looking or wanting to do with your Mustang suspension wise. But I'll give you two suggestions for board members that have a vast knowledge of suspensions, John and Sherri at Opentracker racing products and Shaun at Street or Track. They are great to talk to and won't over sale you something just to make a buck. Another knowledgeable member is GT289, also Huskinhano
No, I've spoken to Opentracker and Street or Track and that's the route I'm going.
I just seen it, and was curious if anyone has used it at all.

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
A friend of mine used the kit they make for his '66 Chevy II, which has a very similar front suspension to the first gen Mustang. Only issue he had was they sent the wrong springs for the coilovers, which they replaced promptly. He only has about a 100 miles on it so far, but is very happy with the much improved handling and ride.

About the only issue I see with this setup is the entire weight of the car is suspended off the two sheetmetal shock mounts, which are not inteded for that type of service.

Reactions: cturboaddict

·
Registered
66 Mustang
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine used the kit they make for his '66 Chevy II, which has a very similar front suspension to the first gen Mustang. Only issue he had was they sent the wrong springs for the coilovers, which they replaced promptly. He only has about a 100 miles on it so far, but is very happy with the much improved handling and ride.

About the only issue I see with this setup is the entire weight of the car is suspended off the two sheetmetal shock mounts, which are not inteded for that type of service.
Yeah, I rode in the same car with the same setup. Wasnt bad at all.

·
Premium Member
13,185 Posts
"{........About the only issue I see with this setup is the entire weight of the car is suspended off the two sheet metal shock mounts, which are not intended for that type of service.
^^^^^^^^^ this ! ! !

plus, you can get similar or BETTER handling and spend less $$$ and MUCH less time by going to Opentracker's web site, calling John @ Opentracker, etc.

Z

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was looking at this kit as I really liked the one piece lower control arms. And I also like the coilovers, syou can adjust the height without having to remove and trim the coil springs and you can add height back. That I already had a set of Global West uppers is the only reason I did not go with this kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts